The Operational Excellence Working Group focuses on strategic issues pertaining to the operations of the Church, which includes administrative functions, information technology, safety and church leadership. Key goals and strategies include:
- Ensuring a well-run, efficient and effective operational system
- Records Management
- Information Technology Use and Improvement
- Security and Safety
Updates: (accomplishments/pending issues/follow-up activities)
- We are grateful and proud of the work and ongoing efforts of the Wellness Committee and the Emergency Preparedness Task Force. Their efforts represent the finest example of church-wide collaboration and integration of efforts that is essential to the successful implementation of the Church’s Strategic Plan.
- The Wellness Committee developed and implemented the “Emergency Protocol and Procedure” now being implemented during the 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. Services following two (2) CPR training sessions and planning and organizational meetings with medically trained and key organization units.
- The Emergency Preparedness Task Force is making steady progress in their efforts to finalize and implement an integrated Church-wide “Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Plan” that addresses health emergency, evacuation, safety and security, and disaster preparation and response.
Through their efforts the strategic safety and security goals – to promote a safe and secure Church environment and to develop a process of reporting and addressing safety and security issues – will be achieved.
- Work continues with the ministerial and administrative staffs, the Board of Deacons, Usher Board, and the Minister of Music to facilitate and support increased professional and administrative excellence, and strengthening the systems that support and enhance the worship experience.
- All members are encouraged to submit a completed one page Skills Inventory/Volunteer Form, and to give of their God given “time, talent and treasure” to support the achievement of the mission and vision of our Church – once- a-year, once-a-quarter, once-a-month, once-a-week or daily. Forms may be secured and submitted in the church office or on the Church’s Website.
Planned Activities:(next area(s) of focus/key activities/timeline)
- Under the leadership of the Church Clerk in collaboration with church leaders, administrative staff, the Archives Committee, and established Boards, Church Council, Circles, Clubs and Organizations, work will begin on the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the collection, organization, categorization, storage and preservation of the Church’s core and key documents.
- Work with and through the Council of Clubs and Circles to facilitate and support the conscious and active involvement of all Church organizations in the attainment of the Church’s strategic goals.
Ways you can participate: (suggestion(s) for individual/organizational involvement)
- Get involved! Complete and submit your Skills Inventory/Volunteer Form as soon as possible. Your Church needs your expertise, time and talent. Forms may be secured and submitted in the church office or on the Church’s Website.
- Contact any member of the Sub-committee if you have suggestions, questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
Working Group Members:
Precious Murchison Gittens
Bettye W. Topps, Chairperson