Parents/Guardians registering children for Vacation Bible School/Day Camp agree to the following terms:
1. We welcome your child to Vacation Bible School and Day Camp at Peoples Congregational United Church of Christ. While your children are under our care, we need your cooperation in helping to make this a wonderful experience for all. Every participant is a team member. We will work together and treat each other with respect.
2. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.; programming from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Children may not be dropped off prior to 8:00AM. Children must be picked up by 6:00p.m.
3. Drop-off and Pick-up. All children must be escorted by their parent/guardian to the Fellowship Hall and signed-in. All children must be retrieved from the Fellowship Hall or Chapel and signed-out by an adult listed on the registration form. If your child is to be released to someone other than the listed parent/guardian, please notify the Camp Director in advance.
4. Fees. The cost for Vacation Bible School (9:00 a.m. to 12 noon) is free. The fee for the Day Camp (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) is $50. Before care (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) and after care
(5:00 p.m. to 6:00p.m.) is also free. An additional charge of $1.00 will be levied for every minute that a child remains in the Church’s care after 6:00 p.m.
5. Scholarships are available based on need. Please contact June Jeffries or Janet McCormick, co-directors, to request financial assistance. NO CHILD WILL BE TURNED AWAY DUE TO MONEY ISSUES.
6. We will take two field trips. The first will be on Tuesday, August 7th. The second will be Thursday, August 9th. Transportation for this event is via chartered bus or van or Church van. By registering your child for Vacation Bible School/Day Camp, you agree to allow your child to participate in the scheduled trips. You will be provided with additional information about the trips prior to the start of VCB/Day Camp.
7. Lunch is not provided. Clearly label your child’s lunch. Nutritious morning and afternoon snacks will be served.
8. Children 4 to 6 years old should bring a mat or blanket for napping.
9. Please leave all items of sentimental or monetary value at home. All clothing should be labeled. Although the Church maintains a lost and found box, we are not responsible for lost items. Your child does NOT NEED money.
10. Termination from program: We welcome all children to our program and will do our best to work with them. We are concerned about the health and safety of all children. Should we encounter continued difficulties in working with your child, we will notify you and attempt to work out a reasonable solution. However, if the problem persists or is beyond our ability to handle, we reserve the right to terminate your child’s participation in the program.
11. We welcome (and need) parent volunteers at the camp. Your participation can be as little as one hour at the beginning of the day or as long as an all-day field trip. Please indicate your availability on the registration form.
12. We want your child to have a positive and safe experience at VBS/Day Camp. If there are special concerns regarding your child, please describe on the back of the application.
14. If you experience any problems, please bring them to the attention of the VBS/Day Camp Co-Directors.
15. Applications may be mailed to the church or dropped off at the Church Office:
Vacation Bible School Peoples Congregational UCC
4704 13th St., NW Washington, DC 20011
Please send an email to the address below so we know to expect your application. June M. Jeffries/Janet McCormick, Co-Directors
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (202) 829-5511 (leave message)